How to play
How do I play Ten Tonne Penguin?
- Firstly, you shouldn’t play with Penguins!
- There are no hard and fast rules to playing Ten Tonne Penguin. Just have fun. However, if you want to make a game of it, here are a few ideas:
- Original Ten Tonne Penguin – Last person who ate fish starts as the Emperor (also known as a question master). The Emperor asks a question / states an unfinished statement and the rest of the colony answer. The Emperor chooses the best answer who gets a point. The winner becomes the Emperor for the following round.
- The Colony – Every player picks a card and answers their own question / finishes their own statement. Best answer as voted by the colony wins a point. The penguin with the most amount of points at the end of the game wins.
- Group Ice Breaker – Play one to three cards only and each person in the group answers the same question/finishes the same statement. Creating fun, laughter, storytelling and discovering how all answers can be so different.
- Split Groups – for larger groups, split into groups of four and ask each other questions.
- Solo Penguin – Do this on your own. Use the questions as writing prompts for a journal entry or simply a means of personal reflection.
- 7 Penguins – Players draw seven cards each at the start of each turn, they must pick a question they want to answer.