Why should I buy these cards?
- To have fun. Simple as that.
- The cards are designed to overcome small talk and start fun conversations.
- We’ll also give something back. 1% of all sales will be donated to Mental Health Charities.
Why does Ten Tonne Penguin support mental health charities?
- At Ten Tonne Penguin, we believe that it is good to talk and even better to have fun and laugh. Life is too short and can be hard at times, and in the increasingly digital world that we live in, more and more people can feel isolated even though they are more connected than ever. Open questions and conversations can create environments where people who really need to talk, can open up in a safe space.
Why are they called Ten Tonne Penguin?
- Something to break the ice with!
- If you are single you can have that one on us… If you see someone you are attracted to and would like to pluck up the courage to speak to them… then walk up to them and say “Excuse me, have you got a Ten Tonne Penguin? They should say “why?” and you should reply “I need something to break the ice with!”. If they do not smile or do not respond… then waddle away like a penguin… Your pride is already trashed so you may as well go out with your head held high and know that your humour will get you through most things.
How do I play Ten Tonne Penguin?
- Firstly, you shouldn’t play with Penguins!
- There are no hard and fast rules to playing Ten Tonne Penguin. Just have fun. However, if you want to make a game of it, here are a few ideas:
- Original Ten Tonne Penguin – Last person who ate fish starts as the Emperor (also known as a question master). The Emperor asks a question / states an unfinished statement and the rest of the colony answer. The Emperor chooses the best answer who gets a point. The winner becomes the Emperor for the following round.
- The Colony – Every player picks a card and answers their own question / finishes their own statement. Best answer as voted by the colony wins a point. The penguin with the most amount of points at the end of the game wins.
Where can I buy Ten Tonne Penguin Ice Breaker Cards?
- You can buy Ten Tonne Penguin Cards from our website tentonnepenguin.com or from our Emperor penguin in the Antarctic... You’ll need to wrap up warm and take plenty of fish for payment... Probably easier just buying online @ www.tentonnepenguin.com
What do I do if my order did not arrive?
- Call, email…have a look at shipping policy. Click below.
I would like to add a question to the deck, what should I do?
- If you would like to join the colony, feel free to send us an open question or unfinished statement, and if it is any good… we may use it in new editions…And if it is pants... We will let it go through to the penguin keeper.
What is the collective noun for penguins?
A group of penguins in the water is called a 'raft', a group of penguins on land is called a 'waddle'. Other collective nouns for penguins include rookery, colony, and huddle.
Do Macaroni Penguins eat Macaroni and cheese?
- No… they would be very ill… They just eat fish!
My cards are damaged / faulty, what should I do?
- We are sorry that your penguins are not up to scratch… If you have bought through our website, please find our returns policy. Click below.
Who can I play with?
- Ten Tonne Penguin Ice Breaker Cards (Wedding, Team Building, Conference, General, Older People) are designed to be used in situations where you want to warm up a room and make people feel more at ease. Ideal for situations where different groups of people are gathered in one place. Already in store.
- Ten Tonne Penguin Dinner Party Pack – are for when you have friends joining you for dinner who may not know each other all that well. By the end of the night… they definitely will. They are also perfect for close friends who want to learn something new about each other, and have a laugh doing it. Coming soon.
- Ten Tonne Penguin Controversial Conversations are to be played with close friends who are not easily offended and have a filthy sense of humour. Recommended for over 18s only. Coming soon.
- Ten Tonne Penguin Bucks and Hens editions are best played either on transit to an activity or in the bar to help get the party started. Contains adult content. Recommended for over 18s only. Coming soon.
- Ten Tonne Penguin Family Fun edition are for the whole family including little penguins! No bad words or adult themes. Coming soon.
- Ten Tonne Penguin Couples edition is for lovebirds who want to get to know each other on another level… Or dive deeper… Like a penguin. Coming soon.